- VIRAL VIDEOS: Soldier Shocks Family With Surprise ReturnPosted 21 hours ago
- Tim McGraw To Headline Sandy Hook Promise BenefitPosted 22 hours ago
- AFMW: ‘True Story’ Author Michael FinkelPosted 23 hours ago
- AFMW: David Ensor, Head of the Voice of AmericaPosted 4 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 1 month ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 4 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 5 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 7 months ago
Tucson Tragedy: 1 Year Later – Giffords Returns To Shooting Site, Leads Pledge
Sunday marked one year since the deadly shooting at a “Congress on Your Corner” event in Tucson, Arizona. The main target of the attack, Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords, returned to the town for the first time since being shot in the head during the event outside a Safeway grocery store, going out to dinner on Saturday, and leading a vigil on Sunday.
FOX News Radio’s Jessica Rosenthal was there and has this report from Tucson:
The emotional weekend came to a close with a candlelight vigil attended by Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords, and while she didn’t give a speech, she did lead us in the pledge.
(Giffords) “…with Liberty and Justice for all!”
Nineteen candles were lit for all those shot. Giffords’ doctor spoke about moving on with life, and her husband, astronaut Mark Kelly, made sure it wasn’t just all about his wife, reading the anmes of the six killed out loud.
In Tucson, Jessica Rosenthal, FOX News Radio.