- AFMW: Dr. Paul White, Psychologist, Author, Speaker, and ConsultantPosted 2 days ago
- Leonard Nimoy, Star Trek’s “Spock” – Dies At 83Posted 2 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: ‘Sesame Street’ Spoofs ‘House Of Cards’!Posted 3 days ago
- Kevin Harvick Gearing Up For AtlantaPosted 3 days ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 2 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 2 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 3 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 4 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 6 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 8 months ago
Walmart Pulls Baby Formula After MO Newborn Dies
A baby’s death has led the nation’s largest retailer to pull a shipment of a popular baby formula off the shelves. But Walmart isn’t the only one that carries the Enfamil line, and another baby in the same state has became ill – but recovered – from the same infection.
FOX News Radio’s Chris Hoenig reports:
Avery Cornett died of a rare infection in the southern Missouri town of Lebanon after consuming Enfamil Newborn Formula. Walmart stores, pulling the line of Enfamil because Cronobacter sakazakii, the bacteria causing the infection, can be found in powdered milk and baby formula.
(Gee) “Out of an abundance of caution, we made a company decision to remove the remaining product from our store shelves.”
Walmart Spokeswoman Diana Gee says it could return to shelves if tests come back negative.
Enfamil maker Meade Johnson Nutrition points out that the bacteria occurs naturally in the environment, and says the batch of formula tested negative for the bacteria before it was shipped.
Chris Hoenig, FOX News Radio.