- Deer Tick DangersPosted 3 hours ago
- IRS Questioned Over Targeting ScandalPosted 1 day ago
- Midwest Gas Price SpikePosted 1 day ago
- FOX CountryPosted 2 days ago
- Life Expectancy RisesPosted 2 days ago
- David Beckham To Retire From SoccerPosted 2 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: All-Star Race (Charlotte)Posted 2 days ago
House Rejects Senator Reid’s Deficit-Reduction Bill
The back and forth in Congress over the debt crisis continued on Saturday. The Republican controlled House rejected Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid’s Deficit-Reduction Bill. The vote was 246-173 against the plan.
Listen HERE to what the vote tally sounded like on the House Floor:
FOX’s Mike Emanuel has more from Capitol Hill:
House Speaker John Boehner and Kentucky Senator Mitch McConnell appeared at a news conference together on Saturday following the defeat of the Reid plan in the House.
Listen to clips from Speaker John Boehner HERE:
Senator McConnell seemed optimistic that a compromise could be reached.
Listen to clips from Senator Mitch McConnell HERE:
Senator Harry Reid also held a news conference following the vote and seemed less hopeful that a deal was going to be reached soon.
Listen to clips from Senator Harry Reid HERE:
Following his media availability, the Majority Leader attended a closed-door meeting at the White House with President Obama.
Tune into your local FOX News Radio affiliate for more on this developing story.