- Shooting at Marysville-Pilchuck High SchoolPosted 11 hours ago
- Dallas Nurse, Nina Pham, Ebola-FreePosted 13 hours ago
- American Dispatch: Revisiting A Tornado-Torn Town In ArkansasPosted 15 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Star GoatsPosted 23 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 month ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 months ago
House Rejects Senator Reid’s Deficit-Reduction Bill
The back and forth in Congress over the debt crisis continued on Saturday. The Republican controlled House rejected Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid’s Deficit-Reduction Bill. The vote was 246-173 against the plan.
Listen HERE to what the vote tally sounded like on the House Floor:
FOX’s Mike Emanuel has more from Capitol Hill:
House Speaker John Boehner and Kentucky Senator Mitch McConnell appeared at a news conference together on Saturday following the defeat of the Reid plan in the House.
Listen to clips from Speaker John Boehner HERE:
Senator McConnell seemed optimistic that a compromise could be reached.
Listen to clips from Senator Mitch McConnell HERE:
Senator Harry Reid also held a news conference following the vote and seemed less hopeful that a deal was going to be reached soon.
Listen to clips from Senator Harry Reid HERE:
Following his media availability, the Majority Leader attended a closed-door meeting at the White House with President Obama.
Tune into your local FOX News Radio affiliate for more on this developing story.