- Damage Control In Indiana Over Religious Freedom Law [VIDEO]Posted 4 hours ago
- Turning The Tables On Lethal Injection Drugs?Posted 5 hours ago
- So Long Soda?Posted 6 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 3 weeks ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 3 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 3 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 4 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 7 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 9 months ago
KILMEADE KONDENSED: 4/5/2013
BRIAN’S OPENING THOUGHTS
Brian is shocked at the response the U.S. is giving North Korea after they publicly said that today is the day they are going to bomb us. Plus, Brian is still stuck on March Madness and thinks that the players should be paid.
Jenna Lee, anchor of Happening Now, lightened up the news load by giving her two cents on the NBC late night lineup changes. Later, she weighed in on Brian’s great debate on whether or not NCAA basketball players should get paid. Lee explained that although her father was in the NFL, her brother, who played college football, has not been able to make any NFL team.
She said that more options are needed for individuals such as her brother who want to continue to play their sport of choice after college but can’t make it into the pros. “I wish he would have the opportunity,” Lee said, “[My brother] works really hard and is a good kid… He has all the things in place, but sometimes luck’s not necessarily in your favor, and you see that and it’s tough.”
THEY FINALLY AGREE WITH EACH OTHER! On a simulcast with Stuart Varney on Varney & Co, Brian explained why he thinks the NCAA basketball players should be getting paid for playing during college – and Stuart Varney actually agreed with him! “I agree,” Varney said, “If you are part of a capitalist enterprise that’s generating hundreds of millions of dollars in profit, I think you, as part of that enterprise should get a piece of the action. That’s the principle.”
FOX News Digital Politics Editor Chris Stirewalt talked to Brian about how much trouble the President’s gun legislation is in. Stirewalt said that the real question we should be asking is: “What will [President Obama] call a victory?” He expanded and said that the President needs to get through this as quickly as possible and get away from this matter.
Alisyn Camerota of FOX & Friends stopped by Kilmeade & Friends to prepare for her weekend news coverage. (But really she just stopped by to find material for her newest twitter trend, #StuffBrianSays.) Later, Camerota weighed in on gun control and the universal background checks.
Jeremy Wade, host of Animal Planet’s River Monsters, talked to Brian and Alisyn about his hit TV show. Wade, who is described as “the world’s most fearless fisherman,” explained that his motive in going to remote rivers to film the show is due to curiosity and his belief in the phrase “no pain, no game.”
When asked what the scariest place he has been to is, Wade answered, “It’s hard to say, maybe the Congo in central Africa. But I mean scary in the point of view that you are very remote from any help.”