- Incomes Rise, Consumer Spending Ticks Slightly Higher In FebruaryPosted 2 hours ago
- Prehistoric ‘Super Salamander’ DiscoveredPosted 7 hours ago
- NSA Considered Ending Phone Surveillance Program?Posted 9 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 2 weeks ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 3 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 3 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 4 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 7 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 9 months ago
KILMEADE KONDENSED: 1/17/2013
BRIAN’S OPENING THOUGHTS
Not a Dame? Brian is shocked with the story that is unraveling around Notre Dame’s Linebacker Manti Te’o, and does not know what to believe. He investigates the situation with FOX & Friends co-host Steve Doocy, Chris Wallace and Don Yaeger.
Are YOU on Facebook? Then go to https://www.facebook.com/kilmeadefriends and “like” our page to get all the latest updates from Brian on your newsfeed!
“How did he get into Notre Dame?!” During a commercial break today on Kilmeade & Friends, Brian Kilmeade appeared on America’s Newsroom with Bill Hemmer and Martha MacCallum. Brian weighed in on the hoax surrounding Notre Dame linebacker Manti Te’o. He said that this scam has severely hurt Teo’s chance of getting drafted into the NFL because officials go heavily into the psychological exams when it comes to the NFL draft.
Brian’s co-host on FOX & Friends Steve Doocy stopped by and talked to Brian about the bizarre story that is unraveling around Notre Dame Linebacker Manti Te’o. Steve raised the point that now, more than ever, people have to take caution when meeting people on social media sights such as Twitter and Facebook. “On Twitter, @SteveDoocy is not me… I’m @SDoocy. But somebody else has taken my name on Twitter and on Facebook,” he said.
FOX News Sunday’s Chris Wallace also weighed in on the Manti Te’o scandal. “It’s sick, but it wasn’t surprising to me that somebody would have a relationship that would be a hoax on the Internet,” Wallace said.
Registered dietitian and author of Boosting Your Metabolism for Dummies Rachel Berman talked to Brian about the new Coca-Cola commercial that came out, which states that, “All calories count, no matter where they come from.” Rachel said that while this is true, all calories are not created equally. “The sugar that you find in sweetened beverages does not act the same in our bodies as sugar from fruit or natural sources,” she explained.
Don Yaeger, former Sports Illustrated Editor and NY Times bestselling author, stopped by the studio today to weigh in on the Manti Te’o hoax. Yaeger, who had met Te’o a few years ago, said that the whole ordeal is “very strange,” and he is eager to hear what Te’o is going to say today at the press conference. Yaeger is also shocked that no journalist had questioned why Te’o didn’t ask his coaches to go to “the love of his life’s” funeral, or double-check to make sure that his girlfriend did, in fact, die.