- AFMW Judge Jeanine Pirro: The Mystery of Robert DurstPosted 27 mins ago
- Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid Will Not Seek Re-Election [VIDEO]Posted 6 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Harry Potter Parody of ‘Uptown Funk’Posted 9 hours ago
- Chase Elliott To Make His Sprint Cup Racing Debut At MartinsvillePosted 10 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 2 weeks ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 3 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 3 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 4 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 4 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 7 months ago
KILMEADE KONDENSED: 1/9/2013
BRIAN’S OPENING THOUGHTS
“Sane people aren’t killing people!” Brian is tired of everyone talking about gun control, and thinks the conversation should be switched to the mental healthcare system instead. Plus, Brian looks into why President Obama is going to such lengths to get Senator Chuck Hagel as the next Secretary of Defense when both sides of the aisle have problems with him.
Are YOU on Facebook? Then go to https://www.facebook.com/kilmeadefriends and “like” our page to get all the latest updates from Brian on your newsfeed!
FOX News Medical A-Team member Dr. Keith Ablow talked to Brian about our mental health care system. “We lie to people,” Ablow said, “You can go to the ER today and tell people in gut-level, gut-wrenching honesty, ‘Hey listen, I’ve thought about hurting someone or myself.’ And if you then say twenty minutes later, ‘Alright, I promise I won’t,’ you’re not getting in.”
Dr. Ablow also weighed in on the rising issue of gun control. He said that using multiple tragedies to propel the agenda of disempowering good and decent people who ought to have the right to firearms is “vile.”
Hall of Fame Quarterback Troy Aikman weighed in on RG3 and Mike Shanahan’s decision to let him play. Aikman also talked to Brian about AJ McCarron’s girlfriend and the comments Brent Musburger made about her on live television. Aikman did not think he went over the top, and did not think an apology from ESPN was necessary.
“They have a personal relationship.” Brian talked to Byron York, the Washington Examiner’s Chief political correspondent, about why President Obama is going to such lengths to get Senator Chuck Hagel through as the next Secretary of Defense. Byron said that President Obama sees Hagel as someone who will do exactly what he wants; and on top of that, Obama can say he’s a Republican. Byron also said that when confirmation hearings come up, President Obama will be hearing it from both sides.
Arthur Herman, historian, talked to Brian about what the right strategy is going forward in Afghanistan. “It’s hard to say… The Obama administration has so mishandled this transition of power and transition of forces that it’s very difficult to see how we’re going to be able to sort this out,” Herman said.
FOX News’ National Security Correspondent Jennifer Griffin talked to Brian about the nomination of Chuck Hagel as the Secretary of Defense. Griffin said she thinks there is an easy answer as to why the President decided to move forward with the nomination: “It’s clear in the second term that he wants to have people that he is comfortable with around him. So he’s choosing people that he likes,” Griffin said.
America’s Newsroom co-hosts Bill Hemmer and Martha MacCallum stopped by and talked about Martha’s trip to Africa, gun control and the mental health system in the U.S. Later, the three talked about Governor Chris Christie’s comments on gun control and mental health, which Brian (surprisingly) agreed with. Did you miss Brian on America’s Newsroom yesterday? Watch it here!