- AFMW: Olympic Wrestler Mark SchultzPosted 17 hours ago
- Mitt Romney Will Not Run For President In 2016 [VIDEO]Posted 2 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: A New Level of ArcheryPosted 2 days ago
- Do Super Bowl Commercials Need To Be Cleaned Up?Posted 2 days ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 1 month ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 2 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 2 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 3 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 5 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 7 months ago
KILMEADE KONDENSED: 12/20/2012
ATTENTION XM LISTENERS: ON 1/1/2013, KILMEADE & FRIENDS MAY NOT BE ON XM RADIO. FOR MORE INFORMATION, CLICK HERE
BRIAN’S OPENING THOUGHTS
Is the President going to tighten up gun control laws and not do anything about the mental health issues at hand? Brian hopes not! He is fired up from President Obama’s statement about gun control laws, and wants to hear more dialogue from the President. Brian said, “If Adam Lanza… hopped in his mom’s car and wiped out all those kids waiting for a bus. Would we ban cars? If you want to tighten up gun laws, fine, but don’t think you’re done there!”
Co-host of FOX & Friends Steve Doocy stopped by and talked about gun laws and police enforcement in schools. Steve agreed with Brian, and thought it would be a good idea to station retired police officers in grade schools. Brian and Steve also took calls and further investigated what might have sparked the Newtown killer to commit these heinous crimes.
Chris Wallace, anchor of FOX News Sunday, weighed in on President Obama’s address on gun control and on mental health laws. Chris said he does not agree with the privacy policies surrounding mental illnesses, which state that a hospital cannot tell a school that a child has a mental illness.
“If there’s a kid who [has] real psychotic problems, I don’t understand who we’re protecting – or what we’re protecting – by saying that the hospital can’t tell the school administrator what’s up with this kid. That’s gone too far,” Chris said. He continued to explain that he doesn’t think that’s an invasion of privacy, but rather, it’s oversensitivity to privacy.
Democratic Strategist Joe Trippi talked about the fiscal cliff negotiations, and weighed in on what he thinks the problem is. Joe said that he thinks both President Obama and Boehner can figure this out, but the problem lies in going back and selling the negotiation to the members of their own party.
David Nasaw, historian and author of The Patriarch: the Remarkable Life and Turbulent Times of Joseph P. Kennedy, talked to Brian about his book, how he got permission from the Kennedy family to write it, and why Joseph Kennedy is such a significant figure.