In advance of Sarah Palin's speech tonight, I'd like to toss out a few questions.
1. Does following God's will make you a radical?
2. Does being a member of the NRA make you a radical?
3. Does supporting the right of an unborn child make you a radical?
4. Does opposing the murder of unborn babies make you a radical?
5. Does supporting traditional family values make you a radical?
6. Does attending church make you a radical?
7. Does believing that God created the world make you a radical?
8. Does eating meat make you a radical?
9. Does having small town values make you a radical?
10. Does loving your child uncondtionally make you a radical?
I've been listening dumbfounded as the national media pummels the governor and her value system. If you believe what the pundits are telling us, Sarah Palin is to the right of Atilla the Hun. I don't believe any politician, Republican or Democrat should be subjected to such terror. At least in the old days, some of these reporters were able to mask their true feelings. I wonder, though, if the true issue here is not her politics? Could it be these reporters and pundits are more put off by her faith in Jesus Christ? I saw one news anchor who was incredulous that Governor Palin could still hold the belief that God created the heavens and the Earth.
Friends, there is something very unseemly and very un-American going on here.