- Final Push For Potential Nuclear Deal With Iran [VIDEO]Posted 5 hours ago
- NSA Considered Ending Phone Surveillance Program?Posted 5 hours ago
- AFMW: Becki Newton & Zachary Knighton of FOX’s "Weird Loners"Posted 6 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 2 weeks ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 3 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 3 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 4 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 7 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 9 months ago
Effective February 22, 2011:
- SUBMISSION AND COLLECTION OF INFORMATION – This section addresses the types of information that FOX News collects directly from users and the collection of non-personally identifiable information via cookies and related technologies by FOX News and third parties.
- USE AND DISCLOSURE – This section describes how FOX News uses your information to provide and manage the FOX News Services, including when FOX News may disclose your information to third parties that assist FOX News in providing those services.
- SECURITY – This section describes FOX News’s security measures.
- ACCESS, REMEDIES AND COMPLIANCE – This section informs users how to access and change their personal information stored by FOX News, and how to cancel their accounts.
- CONTACT US – This section instructs users how to contact FOX News.
Fox News Network, L.L.C. (“FOX News” or “we”) operates foxnews.com, foxbusiness.com, foxnews.mobi, m.foxbusiness.com, the FOX News iPhone application, the FOX Business iPhone application, the FOX News Android application, the FOX Business Android application, and any other FOX News owned and controlled URL, WAP site and mobile application (collectively, the “Site”), FOX News messaging services, video services, RSS feeds, podcasting services, mobile services, and any other feature, content, or applications offered from time to time by FOX News in connection with FOX News’ business (collectively, the “FOX News Services”). FOX News is part of the United States based operations of News Corporation.
2. SUBMISSION AND COLLECTION OF INFORMATION ON FOX NEWS SERVICES
User Submitted Information
Registration Information is the information that Members must provide to use at registration in order to create a profile (also called an “account”), and includes display name, email address, year of birth, zip code, and country.
FOX News Collected Information
Third parties that support the FOX News Services by serving advertisements or providing services, such as allowing users to share content or tracking aggregate site usage statistics, may also use these technologies to collect similar information. FOX News does not control these third-party technologies and their use is governed by the privacy policies of third parties using such technologies. For more information about third-party ad networks that use these technologies, see www.aboutads.info.
Most browsers are initially set to accept cookies, but you can change your settings to notify you when a cookie is being set or updated, or to block cookies altogether. Please consult the “Help” section of your browser for more information (e.g., http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies). Users can manage the use of Flash technologies, including cookies, with the Flash management tools available at Adobe’s web site, see http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/security/privacy_policy/. Please note that by blocking any or all cookies you may not have access to certain features or personalization available through the FOX News Services.
Third Parties. To improve the quality of the FOX News Services, we may supplement the information we collect with information from third parties. If you access the FOX News Services through a third-party connection or log-in, we may also collect your public user ID associated with that third-party service, and any information you have made public in connection with that service and which the third party shares with partner services.
3. NOTICE & CHOICE
4. USE AND DISCLOSURE
We use the information we collect from and about users for the following purposes:
To allow third-party service providers to assist us in providing and managing the FOX News Services. FOX News may make your non-public personal information available to certain third-party service providers, such as contractors, agents or sponsors, who help us manage or provide the FOX News Services. These outside service providers are required to protect non-public personal information entrusted to them and not use it for any other purpose than the specific service they are providing to Site.
To contact you. FOX News may periodically send promotional materials (e.g., newsletters) or notifications related to the FOX News Services to the email address you provided to us at registration or to your account. If you want to stop receiving promotional materials from FOX News, you can follow the unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email. There are certain service notification emails that you may not opt-out of as long as you are a member, such as notifications of changes to the FOX News Services or policies.
To protect the rights of FOX News and our users. There may be instances when FOX News may disclose user information without providing notice or choice, including situations where FOX News has a good faith belief that such disclosure is necessary in order to: (i) protect or defend the legal rights or property of FOX News, our Affiliated Companies or their employees, agents and contractors (including enforcement of our agreements); (ii) protect the safety and security of users of the FOX News Services or members of the public; (iii) protect against fraud or for risk management purposes; or (iv) comply with the law or legal process.
To complete a merger or sale of assets. If FOX News sells all or part of its business or makes a sale or transfer of its assets or is otherwise involved in a merger or transfer of all or a material part of its business, FOX News may transfer your information to the party or parties involved in the transaction as part of that transaction.
FOX News uses commercially reasonable administrative, technical, personnel and physical measures to safeguard user information in its possession against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure or modification.
6. ACCESS, REMEDIES AND COMPLIANCE
To cancel your account, email firstname.lastname@example.org, subject, “Delete My Account” and include the email address that you registered your account with (if different from the email address you’re sending the email from). Remember that even after you cancel your account, copies of some information from your account may remain viewable in some circumstances – where, for example, you have shared information with a third-party application or web site. We may also retain backup information related to your account on our servers for some time after cancelation for fraud detection or to comply with applicable law or our internal security policies. Because of the nature of caching technology, your account may not be instantly inaccessible to others, and there may be a delay in the removal of the content from elsewhere on the Internet and from search engines.
7. CONTACT US
Fox News Network, LLC
1211 Avenue of the Americas, 15th Floor
New York, NY 10036
Attention: Legal Department