It’s the House that impeaches, and the Senate that votes to convict. But former Congressman Tom Tancredo wants Republicans to throw President Obama out of office if they control both houses.
“If Republicans capture the majority in the U.S. Senate as now appears almost certain,” Tancredo explains in his weekend WorldNetDaily column, the GOP congressional leadership should gather the “courage to follow the Constitution and impeach the man.”
There have always been two main arguments against impeachment even among those who support it in principle – first, that it is not practical because it would never succeed in the Democrat-controlled U.S. Senate, and secondly that, well, you just can’t impeach the first black president no matter what he has done. But given the likely new political circumstances post-Nov. 4, both of those arguments have lost their power…
If Republicans capture the majority in the U.S. Senate as now appears almost certain, the 2015 Congress is a new ballgame. If the House were to bring impeachment charges based on not only the amnesty but several other unconstitutional actions, do Democratic senators want to run for re-election in 2016 on a platform that starts with apologizing for Obama’s unconstitutional behavior?…
The Obama presidency is self-destructing. All that is needed to neutralize his planned amnesty and other unconstitutional actions is Republican courage to follow the Constitution and impeach the man. Anything less will simply pave the way for more of the same – not only on immigration, but on energy, welfare, voting rights and other issues.
Now read this:
- Ingraham: ‘Diseases Coming Into This Country…Because We Have Barack Obama As President’ (Oct 28, 2014)
- The GOP’s New And Subtly Racist Anti-Obama Attack Ad Will Scare You To Death (Oct 28, 2014)
- Boehner’s ‘Urgent’ Lawsuit Against Obama Still Hasn’t Been Filed (Oct 25, 2014)
- Satan Told Him To Destroy Ten Commandments, Kill Obama (Oct 25, 2014)
- Trump: Obama Should Resign Because NYC Doctor Has Ebola (Oct 24, 2014)
- Secret Service Investigates Obama Impeachment/Lynching Leaflet (Oct 21, 2014)