- Ferguson Protests Stretch Across America [VIDEO]Posted 10 hours ago
- EXTRAORDINARY: Bobby Bowden On Turning Life’s Tragic Losses Into Historic WinsPosted 10 hours ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 4 days ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 2 weeks ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 2 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 5 months ago
White House Considers Options In Iraq
More American troops are headed to Iraq where a resurgent insurgency has taken over town and putting Baghdad at risk.
FOX News Radio’s Jared Halpern has more from Washington:
President Obama has notified Congress he has ordered nearly 300 American troops to Iraq, prepared for combat, to secure the U.S. Embassy and assets around the country.
The President also continues to meet with his National Security team on options, including using military resources to stop a fast-moving insurgency group.
That could include airstrikes or, the Associated Press reports, a small U.S. special forces team to help train Iraq’s army.
Several U.S. warships have moved into the Persian Gulf, a move a Pentagon spokesman says gives the Commander-in-Chief flexibility.
In Washington, Jared Halpern, FOX News Radio.