- Gov. Chris Christie Launching PAC — A Possible Step Toward 2016 Presidential Run? [VIDEO]Posted 5 hours ago
- Thaw Of U.S. – Cuba Relations Stirs Mixed FeelingsPosted 7 hours ago
- Super Bowl Auto Ads: Who’s In, Who’s Out?Posted 7 hours ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 1 month ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 1 month ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 2 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 2 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 5 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 7 months ago
Seeing With A Bionic Eye
A new technology is helping to correct blindness.
FOX’s Colleen Cappon reports:
A new high-tech procedure is giving blind patients their sight. After FDA approval last year, four people in the U.S. have undergone surgical implantation of a ‘bionic eye.’ The artificial retina system includes a small video camera and a transmitter within a pair of glasses. Camera images are converted into electrical pulses that transmit to the retina, relaying the signal to the optic nerve. The medical community is calling the device a total game changer.
Housecall for Health , I’m Colleen Cappon, FOX News Radio.