- Another Security Blunder For Secret ServicePosted 7 mins ago
- First Domestic Case of Ebola Confirmed In Dallas [VIDEO]Posted 3 hours ago
- Bullet Points: Gun Report Finds Criminals Bypass System to Get GunsPosted 3 hours ago
- Hired! Jobs That Don’t Require College DegreesPosted 4 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 weeks ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 3 months ago
Seeing With A Bionic Eye
A new technology is helping to correct blindness.
FOX’s Colleen Cappon reports:
A new high-tech procedure is giving blind patients their sight. After FDA approval last year, four people in the U.S. have undergone surgical implantation of a ‘bionic eye.’ The artificial retina system includes a small video camera and a transmitter within a pair of glasses. Camera images are converted into electrical pulses that transmit to the retina, relaying the signal to the optic nerve. The medical community is calling the device a total game changer.
Housecall for Health , I’m Colleen Cappon, FOX News Radio.