- VIRAL VIDEOS: Harry Potter Parody of ‘Uptown Funk’Posted 19 mins ago
- Kenny Chesney’s ‘Revival’ Tour Features Some Big Name Opening ActsPosted 1 hour ago
- How Can You Protect Your Online Privacy?Posted 17 hours ago
- ‘Downton Abbey’ To End After Season SixPosted 17 hours ago
- Distractions A Problem For Teen DriversPosted 2 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 2 weeks ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 3 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 3 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 4 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 4 months ago
FOX in the Fast Lane: NASCAR Tweaks New Qualifying Format
It’s short track racing this Sunday at Bristol Motor Speedway for this year’ s running of the Food City 500 and drivers asked for and got NASCAR to makes changes to the new qualifying format.
FOX News Radio’s Marghiee Teshineh has this week’s “FOX In The Fast Lane”:
FOX in the Fast Lane.
The Sprint Cup heads to Bristol this weekend and Dale Earnhardt Jr. loves racing on the short track because it…
(Earnhardt Jr.) “Keeps you on your toes and it’s pretty… Pretty tough race track.”
Brad Keselowski, last week’s winner at Las Vegas, says heading to Bristol with a victory early in the season means he can…
(Keselowski) “Be able to enjoy the races and opportunities that we have instead of being stressed out about them.”
NASCAR, responding to drivers safety concerns, is tweaking the new knockout qualifying format. NASCAR is now banning cool-down laps during qualifying runs and will let teams hook up cooling units to their engines on pit road.
Which is good news to Clint Bowyer because…
(Bowyer) “It was dangerous, there’s no question it was. I mean, we’re out there running 200 miles an hour and they’re running 40 and they’re not even running.”
NASCAR will also increase the number of drivers allowed over the wall for driver support during qualifying from one to two crew members.
FOX in the Fast Lane, I’m Marghiee Teshineh, FOX News Radio.
Follow Marghiee on Twitter: @LadyTrackside