- FOX Country: Taylor Swift Goes “Pop”Posted 56 mins ago
- Securing America: U.S. Response to James Foley’s Murder [VIDEO]Posted 20 hours ago
- U.S. Ebola Patients Discharged from Hospital [VIDEO]Posted 21 hours ago
- Bank Of America Multi-Billion Dollar SettlementPosted 22 hours ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 2 months ago
‘Blade Runner’ Pistorius Murder Trial Opens In South Africa
Olympic track star Oscar Pistorius has pleaded not guilty at the start of his murder trial in South Africa.
FOX News Radio’s Simon Owen reports:
Oscar Pistorius admits he shot his girlfriend dead through a bathroom door, at his house last year. But insists he didn’t mean to — saying he thought Reeva Steenkamp was an intruder.
Judge: “Do you understand the charges Mister Pistorius?
Pistorius: “I do, I do my lady.”
Judge: “How do you plead?”
Pistorius: “Not guilty, my lady.”
Pistorius, the paralympic sprinter known for his prosthetic legs — speaking only briefly as his trial began.
The first prosecution witness:
Prosecution witness: “You only shout like that if your life is really threatened.”
A neighbor saying she was woken by gunshots and a woman screaming on the night of the killing.
Simon Owen, Fox News Radio.