- Legal Lis: All Eyes on FergusonPosted 14 hours ago
- Black Friday Shopping SecretsPosted 15 hours ago
- AFMW: Actor Rob Riggle and Big Game Maker Kenny WhitePosted 17 hours ago
- Bullet Points: Marching for JusticePosted 2 days ago
- Ferguson Protests Continue To Grip The NationPosted 2 days ago
- Getting Ready for Thanksgiving: Parade Preview and Shopping PrepPosted 2 days ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 6 days ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 2 weeks ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 5 months ago
Confederate Flag License Plates Spark Controversy In Georgia
A new design for a Georgia specialty license plate has some upset.
FOX News Radio’s Tonya J. Powers reports:
The Sons of Confederate Veterans have had a specialty tag available in Georgia for years, but its new design features the Confederate Flag more prominently.
Ray McBerry is the spokesman for the group, and says the Department of Motor Vehicles changed the format of the plate.
(McBerry) “They asked us to present to them a new layout, a new design, for the plate for our organization as they’ve done with all of the other non-profit organizations that have specialty plates in Georgia.”
The new plate was okayed by the DMV and is optional.
(McBerry) “You choose to have the plate if you want it, it’s voluntary. No one’s going to have it forced upon them.”
Other states have specialty tags that include the flag as well.
Tonya J. Powers, FOX News Radio.