- Foreign Dispatch: Crimea ConundrumPosted 15 hours ago
- FOX Country: Toby Keith Announces Tour Dates Via YouTube [VIDEO]Posted 23 hours ago
- FOX In The Fast Lane: NASCAR Heads To Las VegasPosted 23 hours ago
- FOX On Tech: Oscar ‘Selfie’ Takes Twitter To New HeightsPosted 2 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: ‘Duck Dynasty’ Company to Sponsor NASCAR RacePosted 4 weeks ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Week of January 31stPosted 1 month ago
- Housecall for Health: A Fit New YearPosted 2 months ago
- Barbecue Tips From A PitmasterPosted 8 months ago
Confederate Flag License Plates Spark Controversy In Georgia
A new design for a Georgia specialty license plate has some upset.
FOX News Radio’s Tonya J. Powers reports:
The Sons of Confederate Veterans have had a specialty tag available in Georgia for years, but its new design features the Confederate Flag more prominently.
Ray McBerry is the spokesman for the group, and says the Department of Motor Vehicles changed the format of the plate.
(McBerry) “They asked us to present to them a new layout, a new design, for the plate for our organization as they’ve done with all of the other non-profit organizations that have specialty plates in Georgia.”
The new plate was okayed by the DMV and is optional.
(McBerry) “You choose to have the plate if you want it, it’s voluntary. No one’s going to have it forced upon them.”
Other states have specialty tags that include the flag as well.
Tonya J. Powers, FOX News Radio.