- The Balance Of Power: A FOX News Radio SpecialPosted 1 day ago
- FOX Country: Kenny Chesney & Jason Aldean Team Up For A Mega TourPosted 1 day ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Girl Desperate to be Nicki Minaj After Wisdom Teeth RemovalPosted 1 day ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 2 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 months ago
Confederate Flag License Plates Spark Controversy In Georgia
A new design for a Georgia specialty license plate has some upset.
FOX News Radio’s Tonya J. Powers reports:
The Sons of Confederate Veterans have had a specialty tag available in Georgia for years, but its new design features the Confederate Flag more prominently.
Ray McBerry is the spokesman for the group, and says the Department of Motor Vehicles changed the format of the plate.
(McBerry) “They asked us to present to them a new layout, a new design, for the plate for our organization as they’ve done with all of the other non-profit organizations that have specialty plates in Georgia.”
The new plate was okayed by the DMV and is optional.
(McBerry) “You choose to have the plate if you want it, it’s voluntary. No one’s going to have it forced upon them.”
Other states have specialty tags that include the flag as well.
Tonya J. Powers, FOX News Radio.