- Shooting at Marysville-Pilchuck High SchoolPosted 22 hours ago
- Dallas Nurse, Nina Pham, Ebola-FreePosted 24 hours ago
- American Dispatch: Revisiting A Tornado-Torn Town In ArkansasPosted 1 day ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Star GoatsPosted 1 day ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 month ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 months ago
Three-Year-Old AZ Girl Accepted Into Mensa [VIDEO]
A little girl in Arizona with a high IQ has been accepted to an exclusive club.
FOX News Radio’s Dave Anthony reports:
Alexis Martin sounds like a typical three-year-old… Until you hear her speak Spanish:
Which her mom says the girl taught herself:
(Jackie Martin) “She can read and translate and correct us.”
Part of why she’s become the youngest member of Mensa — a group of people with high IQs. It’s believed Alexis’s is 160. The average American’s IQ is between 90 and 110:
(Ian Martin) “Probably 12-18 months or so, we would be driving around in the car and she would recite her bedtime stories from the night before.”
The entire thing… Exactly:
(Ian Martin) “I mean, we’re talking 20 – 25 page books.”
But her dad says they are hesitant putting Alexis in higher grades, wanting her to have a healthy social childhood.
Dave Anthony, FOX News Radio.
WATCH for more on this story: