- US Seeks To Normalize Relations With CubaPosted 15 hours ago
- American Alan Gross Released From Cuba After 5 Years In Prison [VIDEO]Posted 19 hours ago
- Bullet Points: Pistol Packin’ Wait Staff?Posted 23 hours ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 24 hours ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 4 weeks ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 1 month ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 6 months ago
Underpants Clad “Sleepwalker” Sculpture Causes Stir At Wellesley College [VIDEO]
A lifelike statue of a man sleepwalking in his underpants on the campus of Wellesley College, in Massachusetts is causing quite a stir. The “Sleepwalker” sculpture is part of an exhibit by Tony Matelli at the college’s Davis Museum.
Some students at the all-female school say it’s frightening and have started a petition to have it removed.
However, the school’s President, H. Kim Bottomly and museum Director Lisa Fischman released a joint statement Wednesday defending it:
“The very best works of art have the power to stimulate deeply personal emotions and to provoke unexpected new ideas, and this sculpture is no exception,” the statement said. The sculpture “has started an impassioned conversation about art, gender, sexuality and individual experience, both on campus and on social media.”
Watch the VIDEO below for more on this story from “Red Eye”:
Editor’s Note: The full art exhibit will be on display until July 20th.