- President Obama Insists No U.S. Combat Mission In IraqPosted 12 hours ago
- Fed Signals Plan To Keep Interest Rates Low For A “Considerable Time” [VIDEO]Posted 13 hours ago
- Bullet Points: Manhunt Underway for Suspect in PA State Trooper AmbushPosted 19 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 6 days ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 3 months ago
Underpants Clad “Sleepwalker” Sculpture Causes Stir At Wellesley College [VIDEO]
A lifelike statue of a man sleepwalking in his underpants on the campus of Wellesley College, in Massachusetts is causing quite a stir. The “Sleepwalker” sculpture is part of an exhibit by Tony Matelli at the college’s Davis Museum.
Some students at the all-female school say it’s frightening and have started a petition to have it removed.
However, the school’s President, H. Kim Bottomly and museum Director Lisa Fischman released a joint statement Wednesday defending it:
“The very best works of art have the power to stimulate deeply personal emotions and to provoke unexpected new ideas, and this sculpture is no exception,” the statement said. The sculpture “has started an impassioned conversation about art, gender, sexuality and individual experience, both on campus and on social media.”
Watch the VIDEO below for more on this story from “Red Eye”:
Editor’s Note: The full art exhibit will be on display until July 20th.