- A Trip To Clown School Ahead of Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade [VIDEO]Posted 1 day ago
- Fox & Food: Deep-Fried TurkeyPosted 2 days ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 2 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Chick ChickPosted 3 days ago
- NASCAR Sprint Cup Season Wrap UpPosted 3 days ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 1 week ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 2 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 5 months ago
Underpants Clad “Sleepwalker” Sculpture Causes Stir At Wellesley College [VIDEO]
A lifelike statue of a man sleepwalking in his underpants on the campus of Wellesley College, in Massachusetts is causing quite a stir. The “Sleepwalker” sculpture is part of an exhibit by Tony Matelli at the college’s Davis Museum.
Some students at the all-female school say it’s frightening and have started a petition to have it removed.
However, the school’s President, H. Kim Bottomly and museum Director Lisa Fischman released a joint statement Wednesday defending it:
“The very best works of art have the power to stimulate deeply personal emotions and to provoke unexpected new ideas, and this sculpture is no exception,” the statement said. The sculpture “has started an impassioned conversation about art, gender, sexuality and individual experience, both on campus and on social media.”
Watch the VIDEO below for more on this story from “Red Eye”:
Editor’s Note: The full art exhibit will be on display until July 20th.