- AFMW: Alex Honnold, American Rock ClimberPosted 8 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Miracle On 6 TrainPosted 2 days ago
- Amazing Images: Hubble Space Telescope Marks 25th Anniversary [PHOTOS]Posted 2 days ago
- NASCAR Takes A Spin Around The White HousePosted 2 days ago
- AFMW: David Ensor, Head of the Voice of AmericaPosted 2 weeks ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 1 month ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 4 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 5 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
Actor Philip Seymour Hoffman Dies [VIDEO]
The NYPD confirms to FOX News– Actor Philip Seymour Hoffman has been found dead in his New York City apartment. The Academy Award winning actor was 46 years old. The NYPD says Hoffman died of an apparent drug overdose.
Hoffman most recently starred in “The Hunger Games” movies as Plutarch Heavensbee. He also gained notoriety for his role of Brandt in “The Big Lebowski” and Scotty J. in “Boogie Nights”.
FOX News Radio’s Hank Weinbloom reports from New York:
There is little mystery about how Philip Seymour Hoffman died. Police telling us he was found in his apartment here in New York with a needle in his arm and envelopes of what appeared to be heroin nearby. But the mystery is why would a gifted award-winning actor, a father of three, who had kicked a heroin habit over 20 years ago… why would he go back to it?
Outside a Broadway show yesterday, fans were just sad…
(Fan) “Really shocking, I mean I guess he had relapsed after 23 years of sobriety and that’s just a sad story to have.”
Hoffman starred in films like “Capote”, “Doubt”, and “Charlie Wilson’s War”.
(“Charlie Wilson’s War) “Papandreou wins that election if I don’t help the Junta take him prisoner.”
He was 46.
Hank Weinbloom, FOX News Radio.
READ a statement from the family of Philip Seymour Hoffman:
“We are devastated by the loss of our beloved Phil and appreciate the outpouring of love and support we have received from everyone. This is a tragic and sudden loss and we ask that you respect our privacy during this time of grieving. Please keep Phil in your thoughts and prayers.”
WATCH for more on this story: