- Securing America: IED ProtectionPosted 2 hours ago
- Foreign Dispatch: Crimea ConundrumPosted 2 days ago
- FOX Country: Toby Keith Announces Tour Dates Via YouTube [VIDEO]Posted 2 days ago
- FOX In The Fast Lane: NASCAR Heads To Las VegasPosted 2 days ago
- FOX On Tech: Oscar ‘Selfie’ Takes Twitter To New HeightsPosted 3 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: ‘Duck Dynasty’ Company to Sponsor NASCAR RacePosted 4 weeks ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Week of January 31stPosted 1 month ago
- Housecall for Health: A Fit New YearPosted 2 months ago
- Barbecue Tips From A PitmasterPosted 8 months ago
NASCAR Creates New Championship Format
Changes are coming to the way NASCAR awards its championship.
FOX News Radio’s Chris Foster reports:
NASCAR, shifting away from a points system to one where 16 drivers will be whittled down to four through three rounds of elimination races. They’ll have an equal chance against each other in the Sprint Cup season finale.
(France) “No math. No bonus points for leading laps, previous wins. It’s going to be the first of four drivers that cross the finish line.”
NASCAR Chairman Brian France.
(France) “This new format rewards winning. It elevates the importance of every race across the entire schedule.”
It also discourages easing up on the pedal to help a teammate who needs the points.
Chris Foster, FOX News Radio.