- Housecall for Health: How Much Coffee Is Too Much?Posted 1 hour ago
- NFL Image Problem?Posted 2 hours ago
- Justice Department Launches Programs To Combat American ExtremistsPosted 19 hours ago
- Urban Outfitters Causes Uproar With Kent State Sweatshirt [VIDEO]Posted 19 hours ago
- Hillary Clinton Hints At Possible 2016 Presidential Run [VIDEO]Posted 1 day ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 4 days ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 3 months ago
Former VA Gov. McDonnell, Wife Indicted
Virginia’s former Governor and his wife were indicted Tuesday for allegedly accepting gifts and loans from a businessman.
FOX News Radio’s Steve Taylor reports from Washington:
Robert McDonnell, whose term as Virginia Governor ended ten days ago, is charged with illegally taking a Rolex watch, expensive vacations and big loans from an executive of a company trying to get special treatment from the state. McDonnell’s wife Maureen allegedly received designer clothes and also borrowed money from businessman Jonnie Williams. Williams paid the bill for the McDonnell’s daughter’s wedding reception. The former Governor says he did no improper favors for the company, and he’s repaid the loans. Now, he and his wife face trial.
In Washington, Steve Taylor, FOX News Radio.
READ a statement from former Virginia Governor Robert McDonnell:
“My fellow Virginians, earlier today federal prosecutors notified my attorneys that they have filed criminal charges against me and my wife Maureen, alleging that we violated federal law by accepting gifts and loans from Jonnie Williams, the former CEO of Star Scientific. I deeply regret accepting legal gifts and loans from Mr. Williams, all of which have been repaid with interest, and I have apologized for my poor judgment for which I take full responsibility. However, I repeat emphatically that I did nothing illegal for Mr. Williams in exchange for what I believed was his personal generosity and friendship. I never promised – and Mr. Williams and his company never received – any government benefit of any kind from me or my Administration. We did not violate the law, and I will use every available resource and advocate I have for as long as it takes to fight these false allegations, and to prevail against this unjust overreach of the federal government.”