- AFMW: Alex Honnold, American Rock ClimberPosted 1 day ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Miracle On 6 TrainPosted 3 days ago
- Amazing Images: Hubble Space Telescope Marks 25th Anniversary [PHOTOS]Posted 3 days ago
- NASCAR Takes A Spin Around The White HousePosted 3 days ago
- AFMW: David Ensor, Head of the Voice of AmericaPosted 2 weeks ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 1 month ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 4 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 5 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
Federal Government To Recognize Same-Sex Marriages in Utah
The Federal Government is recognizing the same-sex marriages that happened in Utah in between rulings during the ongoing court fight over the state’s gay marriage ban.
FOX News Radio’s Jessica Rosenthal reports:
For a brief time, gay couples in Utah were allowed to get married, 1,300 licenses were handed out. But the U.S. Supreme Court stopped more from happening during an appeal, and state officials said the marriages that had occurred would not be recognized, but that’s not how U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder sees things at the federal level.
(Holder) “For purposes of federal law these marriages will be recognized as lawful and considered eligible for all relevant federal benefits on the same terms as other same sex marriages.”
He says that when the Supreme Court struck down the Defense of Marriage Act last year, that decision held that couples in same-sex marriages are entitled to equal protection.
Jessica Rosenthal, FOX News Radio.