- AFMW Judge Jeanine Pirro: The Mystery of Robert DurstPosted 11 hours ago
- Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid Will Not Seek Re-Election [VIDEO]Posted 16 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Harry Potter Parody of ‘Uptown Funk’Posted 19 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 2 weeks ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 3 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 3 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 4 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 4 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 7 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 9 months ago
Federal Government To Recognize Same-Sex Marriages in Utah
The Federal Government is recognizing the same-sex marriages that happened in Utah in between rulings during the ongoing court fight over the state’s gay marriage ban.
FOX News Radio’s Jessica Rosenthal reports:
For a brief time, gay couples in Utah were allowed to get married, 1,300 licenses were handed out. But the U.S. Supreme Court stopped more from happening during an appeal, and state officials said the marriages that had occurred would not be recognized, but that’s not how U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder sees things at the federal level.
(Holder) “For purposes of federal law these marriages will be recognized as lawful and considered eligible for all relevant federal benefits on the same terms as other same sex marriages.”
He says that when the Supreme Court struck down the Defense of Marriage Act last year, that decision held that couples in same-sex marriages are entitled to equal protection.
Jessica Rosenthal, FOX News Radio.