- President Obama Issues Executive Order Allowing Sanctions On Cyber AttackersPosted 18 mins ago
- Joining The Pack: Arkansas Passes Religious Freedom Bill Similar To Indiana’s [VIDEO]Posted 4 hours ago
- Bullet Points: Tax Break Holiday for FL Gun Owners?Posted 7 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 3 weeks ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 3 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 4 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 7 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 9 months ago
Target Says PIN Numbers Taken But Data Secure
Target is trying to reassure some customers about their personal information – in the wake of the theft of credit and debit card numbers from its stores.
FOX News Radio’s Dave Anthony reports:
“We remain confident your debit card PIN numbers are safe and secure”… That in a statement from Target Friday saying through additional forensics work the retailer can confirm when shoppers entered PIN numbers while paying with debit cards that info was encrypted and remained encrypted even when it was swiped during a massive theft operation in Target stores from Thanksgiving weekend through mid-December. So Target says without the PIN numbers those thieves did not get the key to unlock debit card accounts. Info was stolen from up to 40 million credit and debit cards. Target is facing numerous class action lawsuits.
Dave Anthony, FOX News Radio.