- VIRAL VIDEOS: Chick ChickPosted 5 hours ago
- Chesney’s ‘Big Revival Tour’ Gets BiggerPosted 6 hours ago
- Senator Mary Landrieu’s Keystone CollapsePosted 1 day ago
- How Much Does Thanksgiving Cost?Posted 1 day ago
- Legal Lis: Lawyer Sues Holder & ATF Over Homemade Machine GunPosted 1 day ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 1 week ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 2 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 5 months ago
Target Says PIN Numbers Taken But Data Secure
Target is trying to reassure some customers about their personal information – in the wake of the theft of credit and debit card numbers from its stores.
FOX News Radio’s Dave Anthony reports:
“We remain confident your debit card PIN numbers are safe and secure”… That in a statement from Target Friday saying through additional forensics work the retailer can confirm when shoppers entered PIN numbers while paying with debit cards that info was encrypted and remained encrypted even when it was swiped during a massive theft operation in Target stores from Thanksgiving weekend through mid-December. So Target says without the PIN numbers those thieves did not get the key to unlock debit card accounts. Info was stolen from up to 40 million credit and debit cards. Target is facing numerous class action lawsuits.
Dave Anthony, FOX News Radio.