- New Passenger Air Travel Requirements To Prevent Ebola From Spreading In The U.S.Posted 2 hours ago
- Oscar Pistorius SentencedPosted 9 hours ago
- Mom Wants ‘Breaking Bad’ Toys Off Store Shelves [VIDEO]Posted 9 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 month ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 months ago
Erasing Bad Memories
Are there some things you’d like to forget forever? Scientists may have found a way for you to do just that.
FOX News Radio’s Dave Anthony reports:
It’s not quite like the movie “Men In Black” (movie audio), where they press a button on some stick and poof! Your recent memory’s erased. What scientists in the Netherlands are working on is more like “Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind” (movie audio). In the study detailed in the Journal Nature Neuroscience, researchers showed patients a troubling story– including pictures. Then, a week later, with electroconvulsive therapy– what they used to call electroshock, they zapped the memory of the story away, completely– in everyone tested. The aim is to help treat mental trauma, psychiatric disorders, even drug addiction.
Dave Anthony, FOX News Radio.