- AFMW: Alex Honnold, American Rock ClimberPosted 17 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Miracle On 6 TrainPosted 2 days ago
- Amazing Images: Hubble Space Telescope Marks 25th Anniversary [PHOTOS]Posted 2 days ago
- NASCAR Takes A Spin Around The White HousePosted 2 days ago
- AFMW: David Ensor, Head of the Voice of AmericaPosted 2 weeks ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 1 month ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 4 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 5 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
Report: Superbug Bacteria Widespread Among Chicken In US
A new report shows a superbug bacteria is widespread among chicken in the United States.
FOX News Radio’s Lillian Woo reports:
About half of the raw chicken breasts in a nationwide sample carried antibiotic resistant superbug bacteria according to Consumer Reports, which is calling for stricter limits on the use of medicines on livestock. Consumer Reports saying this could make it more difficult to treat people if they become sick after eating chicken with that bacteria.
The group saying it tested for six types of bacteria in more than 300 chicken breasts purchased from retailers nationwide, and that almost all of the samples contained potentially harmful bacteria. Nearly half carried a bacterium resistant to three or more antibiotics and 11% had two types of bacteria resistant to multiple drugs.
Lilian Woo, FOX News Radio.