GA Girl, 2, Badly Burned in Slide Accident

(Courtesy: myFOXatlanta)
(Courtesy: myFOXatlanta)

(Courtesy: myFOXatlanta)

A little girl is in critical condition in Georgia after a fiery accident on a slide.

FOX News Radio’s Dave Anthony reports:

Audio clip:

She’s only two years old in a medically induced coma at a hospital in Atlanta, severely burned while playing Saturday morning with her older sister at their father’s home when the outdoor slide the girl was on caught fire. Sheriffs Deputies believe the four-year-old poured gasoline on the slide to make it more slippery and static electricity created the spark to ignite it:

(Chapman) “In children’s mind you just don’t know what they’re thinking.”

That’s why Walton County Sheriff Joe Chapman says you’ve got to constantly watch kids:

(Chapman) “It only takes a second and something like this could happen.”

No charges are expected it’s being treated as an accident.

Dave Anthony, FOX News Radio.

CLICK HERE for more on this story from myFOXatlanta.




Comments