- Jury Deadlocks: No Death Sentence For Jodi Arias [VIDEO]Posted 19 mins ago
- Hillary Clinton Asks To Make Her Emails Public [VIDEO]Posted 4 hours ago
- Ringling Bros. Ending Elephant Acts By 2018Posted 6 hours ago
- School Administrators Take a Hack at Cutting Hair?Posted 8 hours ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 3 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 3 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 3 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 4 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 6 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 8 months ago
K9 Companions For Veterans [VIDEO]
There’s a group helping returning soldiers dealing with post-war trauma by linking them up with rescue dogs.
FOX’s Molly Henneberg reports from Washington DC:
Army soldier, David Moore, who served in Iraq and Afghanistan was paired with Wilco the dog. Moore says, when his mind goes back to the trauma of war, Wilco helps him get through it.
Moore: “I felt alone. And then I looked at Wilco and everything was alright. He just happened to be the dog in the truck. My dog– and I was not alone.”
Many of the dogs from rescue shelters are days away from being euthanized. K9s For Warriors comes in and sees if these dogs can be trained to help returning war soldiers with PTSD. These soldiers often have a difficult time just leaving their homes and coming in contact with strangers. The dogs are trained to block people in front of the warriors and alert them if anyone is coming up behind them.
In Washington, Molly Henneberg, FOX News Radio.
Watch the VIDEO below for more on this story: