- Secret Service Director Julia Pierson ResignsPosted 13 hours ago
- First Domestic Case of Ebola Confirmed In Dallas [VIDEO]Posted 21 hours ago
- Bullet Points: Gun Report Finds Criminals Bypass System to Get GunsPosted 22 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 weeks ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 3 months ago
Obamacare Enrollment Had Very Slow Start, Documents Show
The White House has yet to release enrollment numbers for Obamacare but newly released documents suggest those numbers are low — really low.
FOX News Radio’s Mike Majchrowitz reports from the White House:
(“Saturday Night Live”) “Unfortunately the site was only designed to handle six users at a time.”
Satire imitating life in a “Saturday Night Live” skit. Administration notes released by Republicans show in fact only six confirmed enrollments recorded the first day the Obamacare exchanges. By day three it was just shy of 250. Dr. John Fleming, a Louisiana House Republican, thinks low enrollments continue.
(Fleming) “While we can’t prove it because the White House won’t give us the numbers we suspect that this trickle has continued at a very low level.”
Administration officials say the numbers come from notes — not official enrollment figures. Those they have not released, but they report 700,000 applications — half on the federal website.
At the White House, Mike Majchrowitz, FOX News Radio.
WATCH for more on this story: