- New Passenger Air Travel Requirements To Prevent Ebola From Spreading In The U.S.Posted 9 hours ago
- Oscar Pistorius SentencedPosted 16 hours ago
- Mom Wants ‘Breaking Bad’ Toys Off Store Shelves [VIDEO]Posted 17 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 month ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 months ago
FAA Expanding Electronics Use On Planes
So much for turning off all electronic devices before taking off in an airplane. That policy is soon changing.
FOX News Radio’s Jennifer Keiper reports:
When the airplane door closes – that video game you’re in the middle of playing or e-book you’re reading has to be put on hold until the plane reaches a certain altitude. But, the government says passengers will now be allowed to use most small electronic devices from gate-to-gate.
FAA Administrator Michael Huerta stresses…
(Huerta) “That you still cannot talk on your phone during flight.”
Heavier equipment, like laptops, will still have to be stowed. When you’ll hear about the new policy while on a plane is up to each airline.
Jennifer Keiper, FOX News Radio.