- Ebola In America: CDC Confirms First US CasePosted 7 hours ago
- The Head of the Secret Service in the Hot SeatPosted 15 hours ago
- AEHQ: ISIS Bleeds Into The Mid-Term ElectionsPosted 18 hours ago
- Housecall for Health: New Teen Birth Control RecommendationPosted 18 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 weeks ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 3 months ago
Baby Born With HIV Possibly Cured
A baby born with HIV may have been cured.
FOX News Radio’s Lisa Brady reports:
For now, they’re calling it remission. A three-year-old girl infected with HIV in the womb now has no sign of active infection 18 months after stopping AIDS medication. Though experts stop short of declaring her cured. The mother’s HIV only discovered during labor so doctors in Mississippi started giving the baby three powerful medicines just a day after she was born.
A government sponsored study hoping for more early treatment success is set to begin in January. The only other possibly cured person is a San Francisco man who received a bone marrow transplant from someone naturally HIV resistant.
Lisa Brady, FOX News Radio.