- Shooting at Marysville-Pilchuck High SchoolPosted 18 hours ago
- Dallas Nurse, Nina Pham, Ebola-FreePosted 19 hours ago
- American Dispatch: Revisiting A Tornado-Torn Town In ArkansasPosted 22 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Star GoatsPosted 1 day ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 month ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 months ago
Baby Born With HIV Possibly Cured
A baby born with HIV may have been cured.
FOX News Radio’s Lisa Brady reports:
For now, they’re calling it remission. A three-year-old girl infected with HIV in the womb now has no sign of active infection 18 months after stopping AIDS medication. Though experts stop short of declaring her cured. The mother’s HIV only discovered during labor so doctors in Mississippi started giving the baby three powerful medicines just a day after she was born.
A government sponsored study hoping for more early treatment success is set to begin in January. The only other possibly cured person is a San Francisco man who received a bone marrow transplant from someone naturally HIV resistant.
Lisa Brady, FOX News Radio.