- FOX Country: The Oak Ridge Boys Release First Live AlbumPosted 3 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Kids React to Sony Walkmans!Posted 3 days ago
- Fox & Food: Easter Feasts w/ Carla Hall of “The Chew”Posted 3 days ago
Mitch McConnell: Read My Lips: No More Government Shutdowns
At least one Republican leader knows the political, if not economic, cost of shutting down the government like a 5-year-old who doesn’t get the red wagon he wants.
On CBS’ “Face The Nation” Sunday, McConnell said plainly that there wouldn’t be another shutdown in January, arguing that the tactics are not a very conservative policy.
“Shutting down the government, in my view, is not conservative policy,” McConnell said.
“I don’t think a two-week paid vacation for federal employees is conservative policy. A number of us were saying back in July that this strategy could not and would not work, and of course it didn’t. So there will not be another government shutdown. You can count on that.”
Wait a minute! McConnell knew all along the shutdown as a bad idea? Really? When did he say this, other than now? Was he standing with John McCain who knew this was disaster for Republicans? Not that I can recall. So, after the Republican loss and a drubbing in the polls, Mitch McConnell tells us he knew all along it was a bad idea. Thanks for letting us know!
Now read this:
- The Senate Deal: What It Does (Oct 16, 2013)
- Senate Deal To Avert Shutdown And Default (Oct 16, 2013)
- Once Shutdown Ends. . .Then What? (Oct 14, 2013)
- Senate Republicans Frustrated With, Embarrassed By, Ted Cruz (Sep 25, 2013)