- Pollino’s Guide To Holiday Movies (And Oscar Buzz): A FOX News Radio SpecialPosted 6 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: John Lewis Christmas Advert 2014Posted 7 hours ago
- Tales Of Black Friday ShoppersPosted 8 hours ago
- FOX Country: Jake Owen’s Humbling BalladPosted 8 hours ago
- Legal Lis: All Eyes on FergusonPosted 1 day ago
- Black Friday Shopping SecretsPosted 1 day ago
- AFMW: Actor Rob Riggle and Big Game Maker Kenny WhitePosted 1 day ago
- Bullet Points: Marching for JusticePosted 2 days ago
- Ferguson Protests Continue To Grip The NationPosted 2 days ago
- Getting Ready for Thanksgiving: Parade Preview and Shopping PrepPosted 2 days ago
Mitch McConnell: Read My Lips: No More Government Shutdowns
At least one Republican leader knows the political, if not economic, cost of shutting down the government like a 5-year-old who doesn’t get the red wagon he wants.
On CBS’ “Face The Nation” Sunday, McConnell said plainly that there wouldn’t be another shutdown in January, arguing that the tactics are not a very conservative policy.
“Shutting down the government, in my view, is not conservative policy,” McConnell said.
“I don’t think a two-week paid vacation for federal employees is conservative policy. A number of us were saying back in July that this strategy could not and would not work, and of course it didn’t. So there will not be another government shutdown. You can count on that.”
Wait a minute! McConnell knew all along the shutdown as a bad idea? Really? When did he say this, other than now? Was he standing with John McCain who knew this was disaster for Republicans? Not that I can recall. So, after the Republican loss and a drubbing in the polls, Mitch McConnell tells us he knew all along it was a bad idea. Thanks for letting us know!
Now read this:
- The Senate Deal: What It Does (Oct 16, 2013)
- Senate Deal To Avert Shutdown And Default (Oct 16, 2013)
- Once Shutdown Ends. . .Then What? (Oct 14, 2013)
- Senate Republicans Frustrated With, Embarrassed By, Ted Cruz (Sep 25, 2013)