- Ferguson Protests Stretch Across America [VIDEO]Posted 11 hours ago
- EXTRAORDINARY: Bobby Bowden On Turning Life’s Tragic Losses Into Historic WinsPosted 12 hours ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 5 days ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 2 weeks ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 2 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 5 months ago
Securing America: DHS Nominee
President Obama has announced his new pick for Homeland Security chief. So who is Jeh Johnson?
FOX News Radio’s Mike Majchrowitz reports as part of our ongoing series on national security:
In Jeh Johnson President Obama will put one of the legal architects of his national security strategy in his Homeland Security Secretary. A former Federal prosecutor, he also served as the Defense department’s top lawyer. There, he was instrumental in helping draw up the administration’s counter-terrorism policies as well as the repeal of the ‘don’t ask, don’t tell’ policy. He did create controversy back in 2011, when he was quoted saying slain civil rights leader Dr. Martin Luther King would approve of U.S. military intervention in Afghanistan and Iraq– saying U.S. soldiers were good samaritans.
At the White House, Mike Majchrowitz, FOX News Radio.
Listen below to what Jeh Johnson had to say after being nominated: