- President Obama Drops Proposal To Cut Tax Breaks For College Savings Plans [VIDEO]Posted 20 hours ago
- Valentine’s Day Special: Adopt A Cockroach For Your ExPosted 20 hours ago
- Bullet Points: Sending Your Ex-Spouse Off With A BangPosted 23 hours ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 1 month ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 1 month ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 2 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 3 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 5 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 7 months ago
Securing America: DHS Nominee
President Obama has announced his new pick for Homeland Security chief. So who is Jeh Johnson?
FOX News Radio’s Mike Majchrowitz reports as part of our ongoing series on national security:
In Jeh Johnson President Obama will put one of the legal architects of his national security strategy in his Homeland Security Secretary. A former Federal prosecutor, he also served as the Defense department’s top lawyer. There, he was instrumental in helping draw up the administration’s counter-terrorism policies as well as the repeal of the ‘don’t ask, don’t tell’ policy. He did create controversy back in 2011, when he was quoted saying slain civil rights leader Dr. Martin Luther King would approve of U.S. military intervention in Afghanistan and Iraq– saying U.S. soldiers were good samaritans.
At the White House, Mike Majchrowitz, FOX News Radio.
Listen below to what Jeh Johnson had to say after being nominated: