- Securing America: IED ProtectionPosted 10 hours ago
- Foreign Dispatch: Crimea ConundrumPosted 2 days ago
- FOX Country: Toby Keith Announces Tour Dates Via YouTube [VIDEO]Posted 2 days ago
- FOX In The Fast Lane: NASCAR Heads To Las VegasPosted 2 days ago
- FOX On Tech: Oscar ‘Selfie’ Takes Twitter To New HeightsPosted 3 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: ‘Duck Dynasty’ Company to Sponsor NASCAR RacePosted 1 month ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Week of January 31stPosted 1 month ago
- Housecall for Health: A Fit New YearPosted 2 months ago
- Barbecue Tips From A PitmasterPosted 8 months ago
Housecall for Health: Addictive Oreos?
A new study finds Oreo cookies to be addictive.
FOX News Radio’s Colleen Cappon explains in this edition of “Housecall for Health”:
If you’ve ever been unable to stop yourself from eating too many Oreo cookies, it may not be your fault. A new study finds America’s favorite cookie is just as addictive as drugs in lab rats. Researchers found when the rats ate Oreos, the effects were strongly similar to those from cocaine or morphine and also activated the same pleasure center neurons in the brain. Experts say it may explain why some find the treat too hard to resist.
Housecall for Health, I’m Colleen Cappon, FOX News Radio.