- What’s Included In Government Waste? [VIDEO]Posted 2 hours ago
- Bullet Points: The Right To Bear ArmsPosted 4 hours ago
- Hired!: Thousands of Job OpportunitiesPosted 5 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 month ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 months ago
Standoff Over Shutdown, Debt Ceiling Continues
The tone changes in the standoff between President Obama and Republicans in Congress over the debt ceiling and government shutdown.
FOX News Radio’s Mike Majchrowitz reports from the White House:
(Brady) “Maybe everyone is starting to walk back from the ledge on this.”
Texas House Republican Kevin Brady, who was at Thursday’s meeting between House Republicans and the President, said he felt a change in tone from the President.
(Brady) “Maybe he’s rethinking that and understanding that at the end of the day, you know, it’s the President that has to engage and help provide some leadership.”
House Republicans offered to provide a short term debt ceiling increase in exchange for negotiations. The White House insists the government shutdown must be ended too but said it’s looking forward to making more progress on the issue. House Republicans say they’re waiting to hear back from the White House.
At the White House, Mike Majchrowitz, FOX News Radio.