- Securing America: IED ProtectionPosted 15 hours ago
- Foreign Dispatch: Crimea ConundrumPosted 2 days ago
- FOX Country: Toby Keith Announces Tour Dates Via YouTube [VIDEO]Posted 2 days ago
- FOX In The Fast Lane: NASCAR Heads To Las VegasPosted 2 days ago
- FOX On Tech: Oscar ‘Selfie’ Takes Twitter To New HeightsPosted 3 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: ‘Duck Dynasty’ Company to Sponsor NASCAR RacePosted 1 month ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Week of January 31stPosted 1 month ago
- Housecall for Health: A Fit New YearPosted 2 months ago
- Barbecue Tips From A PitmasterPosted 8 months ago
KY High Schools Cautioned Against Postgame Handshakes [VIDEO]
A graceful gesture or illegal contact? Kentucky high schools have been cautioned against postgame handshakes.
FOX News Radio’s Steve Rappoport reports:
A time-honored display of good sportsmanship is now considered unsportsmanlike conduct at Kentucky high schools. The state’s athletic sanctioning body recommending a ban on post-game handshakes in all sports. The move in response to more than two dozen fights in recent years. Oldham County High School Varsity Soccer Coach Brian Durbin says the policy undermines an important lesson in competition.
(Durbin) “I believe sportsmanship, especially in school athletics, is the most important thing you can teach.”
Schools that choose to continue organized handshakes must monitor them and report any incidents to the Kentucky High School Athletic Association.
Steve Rappoport, FOX News Radio.
WATCH for more on this story: