- Bodies of Seven Women Found In IndianaPosted 9 hours ago
- New Ebola Guidelines for HospitalsPosted 14 hours ago
- AFMW: Artist, Author & Speaker Joni Eareckson TadaPosted 14 hours ago
- FOX Wheels: Teen DrivingPosted 16 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 month ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 months ago
KY High Schools Cautioned Against Postgame Handshakes [VIDEO]
A graceful gesture or illegal contact? Kentucky high schools have been cautioned against postgame handshakes.
FOX News Radio’s Steve Rappoport reports:
A time-honored display of good sportsmanship is now considered unsportsmanlike conduct at Kentucky high schools. The state’s athletic sanctioning body recommending a ban on post-game handshakes in all sports. The move in response to more than two dozen fights in recent years. Oldham County High School Varsity Soccer Coach Brian Durbin says the policy undermines an important lesson in competition.
(Durbin) “I believe sportsmanship, especially in school athletics, is the most important thing you can teach.”
Schools that choose to continue organized handshakes must monitor them and report any incidents to the Kentucky High School Athletic Association.
Steve Rappoport, FOX News Radio.
WATCH for more on this story: