- Pollino’s Guide To Holiday Movies (And Oscar Buzz): A FOX News Radio SpecialPosted 16 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: John Lewis Christmas Advert 2014Posted 17 hours ago
- Tales Of Black Friday ShoppersPosted 17 hours ago
- FOX Country: Jake Owen’s Humbling BalladPosted 18 hours ago
- Legal Lis: All Eyes on FergusonPosted 2 days ago
- Black Friday Shopping SecretsPosted 2 days ago
- AFMW: Actor Rob Riggle and Big Game Maker Kenny WhitePosted 2 days ago
- Bullet Points: Marching for JusticePosted 3 days ago
- Ferguson Protests Continue To Grip The NationPosted 3 days ago
- Getting Ready for Thanksgiving: Parade Preview and Shopping PrepPosted 3 days ago
KY High Schools Cautioned Against Postgame Handshakes [VIDEO]
A graceful gesture or illegal contact? Kentucky high schools have been cautioned against postgame handshakes.
FOX News Radio’s Steve Rappoport reports:
A time-honored display of good sportsmanship is now considered unsportsmanlike conduct at Kentucky high schools. The state’s athletic sanctioning body recommending a ban on post-game handshakes in all sports. The move in response to more than two dozen fights in recent years. Oldham County High School Varsity Soccer Coach Brian Durbin says the policy undermines an important lesson in competition.
(Durbin) “I believe sportsmanship, especially in school athletics, is the most important thing you can teach.”
Schools that choose to continue organized handshakes must monitor them and report any incidents to the Kentucky High School Athletic Association.
Steve Rappoport, FOX News Radio.
WATCH for more on this story: