- Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel ResigningPosted 2 hours ago
- 12-year-old Carrying BB Gun, Shot & Killed By PolicePosted 5 hours ago
- The 2014 American Music Awards RecapPosted 6 hours ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 3 days ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 1 week ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 2 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 5 months ago
North Dakota Congressman Quotes Bible In Effort To Argue Those Who Don’t Work Shouldn’t Eat
Thessalonians 3:10 English Standard Version (ESV) 10 For even when we were with you, we would give you this command: If anyone is not willing to work, let him not eat.
As Chet writes at Northdecoder:
Cramer assumes everybody who receives SNAP assistance is lazy. Because, of course, the Christian thing to do is to assume that everyone who isn’t working isn’t willing to work. And we should hate those people and let them “not eat.” Let’s just forget all that crap the Bible says about helping poor people. Why not?!? He forgets that many who receive SNAP assistance work. Many work full-time. Many work multiple jobs. It’s not that they’re lazy, Kevin; it’s that our economy needs a lot of working poor people. WalMart needs a lot of working poor. Kevin’s owner — the Man Who Bought North Dakota — needs a lot of working poor people. How would the Walton family make so much money if they weren’t able to pay so many people so little?!?
You want to know who’s lazy? Let’s talk about the U.S. House of Representatives. Do you know how many days they’re in session this year? 126 days. That’s 10.5 days per month. Congressman Cramer works an average of 19.4 hours per week, and he’s suggesting lazy people shouldn’t get to eat?!? Maybe Cramer (and the family member he has working in his official Congressional office) shouldn’t eat.
And — speaking of not working — what is our Congressman doing responding to messages on his Facebook wall at 2:00 p.m. on a Friday? We’re paying $174,000 per year to work less than half-time AND he’s hangin’ out on the Facebook? Doesn’t Congressman Cramer have anything better to do?