- Doctor In NYC Tests Positive For Ebola [VIDEO]Posted 8 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: NASCAR Sprint Cup Chase Moves On To MartinsvillePosted 8 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Star GoatsPosted 9 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 month ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 months ago
TX Student Plays Football… And Cheerleads
A football player at a Texas high school is doubling up as a cheerleader too.
FOX News Radio’s Dave Anthony has the story:
At 335 pounds, Armand Fernandez-Pierre is a monster of a player:
(Armand) “I love being able to be brutal.”
But he’s an even bigger cheerleader:
(Armand) “1, 2, 3, 4…”
The nose tackle changes uniforms at halftime:
(Sanders) “My career I’ve never heard of anything or seen anything like this,”
Episcopal School of Dallas football Coach Clayton Sanders met him in the cafeteria:
(Sanders) “Shook his hand and he liked to crush my hand, I said this kid’s gotta play football.”
Armand was reluctant at first to play his senior year:
(Armand) “The deal was that he and my cheer coach would have to figure a way that I would be able to play both sports.”
And while Armand loves to cheer, Coach Sanders says:
(Sanders) “Football, there’s a lot more opportunities.”
And after just his first game, Armand already heard from big time college football schools like UCLA and Miami.
Dave Anthony, FOX News Radio.