- AFMW: Beth Chapman, star of CMT’s “Dog & Beth: On the Hunt”Posted 1 day ago
- Iranians Receive Un”Happy” Sentence for Dance VideoPosted 2 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Sesame Street: Star S’Mores — (Star Wars Parody)Posted 2 days ago
- Dallas, TX Suburb Approves Plan for Nation’s 1st Video Game MuseumPosted 3 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 week ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 3 months ago
Hired! Interview Advice
Looking for a new job? Every week Cheryl Casone with the FOX Business Network takes a look at companies that are hiring. But this week, she has some advice for when you go on that all-important interview.
FOX Business Network’s Cheryl Casone reports in this edition of “Hired!”:
Getting you Hired! I’m Cheryl Casone with the FOX Business Network.
21% of job seekers make their biggest mistake in the interview, so here’s how to fix those big blunders!
You make a mistake like using the wrong name when addressing the person you are interviewing with. How to fix it? Don’t make excuses, acknowledge it either during or after the interview. A follow-up email is best.
You are running late to the interview, but you have to call the interviewer and let them know! Never keep someone waiting. Make sure it’s a valid excuse like a flat tire, not ‘I lost track of time’.
A stain on your shirt and you try to cover it up. You end up fidgeting during the interview, and that’s a big reason you won’t get hired. Make a joke about the stain and move on. It’s not a deal breaker.
If you gave a poor answer during the interview, acknowledge you gave that question more thought, and send an email as a follow-up. All is not lost.
Finally, if you are distracted by a life event and you feel like your emotions showed, best advice — send that email and explain it. A death in the family — a valid reason, a breakup — is not.
I’m Cheryl Casone with the FOX Business Network for FOX News Radio.
Follow Cheryl on Twitter: @cherylcasone