- Foreign Dispatch: Crimea ConundrumPosted 1 day ago
- FOX Country: Toby Keith Announces Tour Dates Via YouTube [VIDEO]Posted 1 day ago
- FOX In The Fast Lane: NASCAR Heads To Las VegasPosted 1 day ago
- FOX On Tech: Oscar ‘Selfie’ Takes Twitter To New HeightsPosted 2 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: ‘Duck Dynasty’ Company to Sponsor NASCAR RacePosted 4 weeks ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Week of January 31stPosted 1 month ago
- Housecall for Health: A Fit New YearPosted 2 months ago
- Barbecue Tips From A PitmasterPosted 8 months ago
Fort Hood Shooter Forcibly Shaved In Prison
The officer convicted of the Fort Hood massacre lost something that he had made a stand to keep.
FOX News Radio’s Ron Flatter reports:
It could be said that Army Major Nidal Hasan fought harder for his beard than for his life.
(Tom Rheinlander) “The unanimous finding of guilty.”
The verdict delivered last month at Fort Hood in Texas where Hasan was convicted of the ’09 massacre that left 13 people dead.
On death row at a Kansas military prison, Hasan had his face forcibly shaven. He fought to keep the beard during his court martial saying his religious rights trumped Army regulations. The dispute led to a changing of the judge. But Hasan mounted virtually no defense against the 45 charges of which he was found guilty or against the prosecution’s call for his execution.
Ron Flatter, FOX News Radio.