- FBI Blames North Korea For Sony AttackPosted 5 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Denver The Guilty Dog Strikes Again!Posted 14 hours ago
- Highlights From The American Country Countdown AwardsPosted 15 hours ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 2 days ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 3 days ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 4 weeks ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 1 month ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 6 months ago
Drug Use Among Young People
There’s progress on substance abuse, but only for some substances in the latest federal report on young abusers.
FOX News Radio’s Steve Taylor reports from Washington:
The survey shows broad declines over the last several years in abuse of prescription drugs but finds more kids are using painkillers. Cocaine and methamphetamine use has declined, but marijuana is still huge, and…
(Hyde) “Heroin users more than doubled between 2007 and 2012.”
Pamela Hyde of the federal Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration says among kids using alcohol…
(Hyde) “Nearly a quarter of them got it from a parent, guardian or other adult family member.”
But the numbers of underage drinkers have decreased over the last decade.
In Washington, Steve Taylor, FOX News Radio.