- The Balance Of Power: A FOX News Radio SpecialPosted 19 hours ago
- FOX Country: Kenny Chesney & Jason Aldean Team Up For A Mega TourPosted 21 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Girl Desperate to be Nicki Minaj After Wisdom Teeth RemovalPosted 21 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 2 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 months ago
Drug Use Among Young People
There’s progress on substance abuse, but only for some substances in the latest federal report on young abusers.
FOX News Radio’s Steve Taylor reports from Washington:
The survey shows broad declines over the last several years in abuse of prescription drugs but finds more kids are using painkillers. Cocaine and methamphetamine use has declined, but marijuana is still huge, and…
(Hyde) “Heroin users more than doubled between 2007 and 2012.”
Pamela Hyde of the federal Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration says among kids using alcohol…
(Hyde) “Nearly a quarter of them got it from a parent, guardian or other adult family member.”
But the numbers of underage drinkers have decreased over the last decade.
In Washington, Steve Taylor, FOX News Radio.