- How Can You Protect Your Online Privacy?Posted 11 hours ago
- ‘Downton Abbey’ To End After Season SixPosted 12 hours ago
- Distractions A Problem For Teen DriversPosted 1 day ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 2 weeks ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 3 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 3 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 4 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 4 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 7 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 9 months ago
Almost One-Third Of Syrians Displaced By Civil War
Five million Syrians have been displaced within the country and another two million have left Syria.
The total, of about 7 million, amounts to nearly one-third of Syria’s population.
The funding gaps for the displaced remain wide, with donor countries sending less than one-third the money needed to help those displaced, Tarik Kurdi, the representative of the UN refugee agency in Syria, told The Associated Press.
Syria’s brutal two-and-a-half-year-old conflict has also claimed more than 100,000 lives, including hundreds who – according to the US – were killed in chemical weapons attacks by the Syrian regime near Damascus on Aug. 21.
Syrian President Bashar Assad’s government has denied involvement, instead blaming rebels for the attacks. Neither the US nor the Assad regime has presented proof in public to back up the allegations.