- Malaysia Airlines Mystery: Stolen Passports Eyed In Missing Plane Investigation [VIDEO]Posted 12 hours ago
- The U.S. Supreme Court Rejects ‘I Heart Boobies’ AppealPosted 12 hours ago
- Skydiver vs Plane [PHOTOS / VIDEO]Posted 13 hours ago
- FOX On Tech: Oscar ‘Selfie’ Takes Twitter To New HeightsPosted 5 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: ‘Duck Dynasty’ Company to Sponsor NASCAR RacePosted 1 month ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Week of January 31stPosted 1 month ago
- Housecall for Health: A Fit New YearPosted 2 months ago
- Barbecue Tips From A PitmasterPosted 8 months ago
Secrets To Fried Chicken
One treat for a memorable end of summer picnic: fried chicken.
FOX News Radio’s Lilian Woo has some tips on perfecting it:
Celebrity Chef Fabio Viviani believes his fried chicken is so good…
(Viviani) “If I would open a fried chicken restaurant, Popeyes and Kentucky Fried Chicken would have to sell pancakes for a living.”
The secret is to let the raw chicken rest in the flour with all the seasoning and some buttermilk to absorb all the flavor. Viviani warns not to shake it too much or you’ll lose the batter around the chicken. Fry it thoroughly in oil between 350 and 375 with larger pieces staying in longer and cooking at the lower end of that range.
(Viviani) “When the chicken is good and the skin and the batter is fried to perfection it’s also crispy and crunchy once it’s cold.”
Which makes for perfect picnic fare.
Lilian Woo, FOX News Radio.