- AFMW: Singer / Songwriter JewelPosted 2 hours ago
- A Trip To Clown School Ahead of Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade [VIDEO]Posted 2 days ago
- Fox & Food: Deep-Fried TurkeyPosted 2 days ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 3 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Chick ChickPosted 3 days ago
- NASCAR Sprint Cup Season Wrap UpPosted 3 days ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 1 week ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 2 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 5 months ago
Secrets To Fried Chicken
One treat for a memorable end of summer picnic: fried chicken.
FOX News Radio’s Lilian Woo has some tips on perfecting it:
Celebrity Chef Fabio Viviani believes his fried chicken is so good…
(Viviani) “If I would open a fried chicken restaurant, Popeyes and Kentucky Fried Chicken would have to sell pancakes for a living.”
The secret is to let the raw chicken rest in the flour with all the seasoning and some buttermilk to absorb all the flavor. Viviani warns not to shake it too much or you’ll lose the batter around the chicken. Fry it thoroughly in oil between 350 and 375 with larger pieces staying in longer and cooking at the lower end of that range.
(Viviani) “When the chicken is good and the skin and the batter is fried to perfection it’s also crispy and crunchy once it’s cold.”
Which makes for perfect picnic fare.
Lilian Woo, FOX News Radio.