- The Balance Of Power: Presidential Hopefuls Hit The Road in Support Of Midterm CandidatesPosted 5 hours ago
- Legal Lis: Homeowners Association Battles with an Elderly Vet over a FlagpolePosted 6 hours ago
- AFMW: Country Artist Lizzie SiderPosted 7 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 2 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 months ago
Liberals And Conservatives Agree…
The president should get Congressional approval before initiating military action in Syria.
In a letter to Obama, 53 liberal Democrats — including a long list of Congressional Black Caucus (CBC) members — argued that, while the human rights atrocities being committed by the forces of Syrian President Bashar Assad are “horrific,” they alone “should not draw us into an unwise war – especially without adhering to our own constitutional requirement.”
…The message comes on the heels of a similar letter, released Wednesday by Rep. Scott Rigell (R-Va.), warning Obama that “national interests” alone are not enough to authorize military force without Congress’s stamp of approval.
“If you deem that military action in Syria is necessary, Congress can reconvene at your request,” reads the Rigell letter, which has been endorsed by 140 House lawmakers, including 21 Democrats.