- AFMW: Beth Chapman, star of CMT’s “Dog & Beth: On the Hunt”Posted 2 days ago
- Iranians Receive Un”Happy” Sentence for Dance VideoPosted 3 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Sesame Street: Star S’Mores — (Star Wars Parody)Posted 3 days ago
- Dallas, TX Suburb Approves Plan for Nation’s 1st Video Game MuseumPosted 3 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 week ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 3 months ago
First Day Of School And Already One Suicide With Bullying As Possible Factor
Authorities want to know if bullying was a factor.
Greenwich police say Bart Palosz died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound late Tuesday at his family’s home in Byram. First Selectman Peter Tesei said he was told by people who knew the Greenwich High School sophomore that bullying might have contributed to his decision to take his own life.
The circumstances that led to Palosz’s suicide are now being probed and detectives plan to interview students. A preliminary investigation into Palosz’s death has revealed the shotgun used in the suicide was family-owned and had been stored in a gun locker inside the home, Greenwich Police said…
Lisa Johnson, whose 13-year-old son, Izzy, was a close friend of Palosz, said Palosz had been bullied since he moved to Greenwich from his native Poland when he was in elementary school.
“He always was kind of awkward in his body and kind of clumsy and how he carried himself,” she told the Connecticut Post. “He didn’t exude confidence but he was a total sweetheart of a guy. But kids never appreciated that.”