- Foreign Dispatch: Crimea ConundrumPosted 23 hours ago
- FOX Country: Toby Keith Announces Tour Dates Via YouTube [VIDEO]Posted 1 day ago
- FOX In The Fast Lane: NASCAR Heads To Las VegasPosted 1 day ago
- FOX On Tech: Oscar ‘Selfie’ Takes Twitter To New HeightsPosted 2 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: ‘Duck Dynasty’ Company to Sponsor NASCAR RacePosted 4 weeks ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Week of January 31stPosted 1 month ago
- Housecall for Health: A Fit New YearPosted 2 months ago
- Barbecue Tips From A PitmasterPosted 8 months ago
First Day Of School And Already One Suicide With Bullying As Possible Factor
Authorities want to know if bullying was a factor.
Greenwich police say Bart Palosz died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound late Tuesday at his family’s home in Byram. First Selectman Peter Tesei said he was told by people who knew the Greenwich High School sophomore that bullying might have contributed to his decision to take his own life.
The circumstances that led to Palosz’s suicide are now being probed and detectives plan to interview students. A preliminary investigation into Palosz’s death has revealed the shotgun used in the suicide was family-owned and had been stored in a gun locker inside the home, Greenwich Police said…
Lisa Johnson, whose 13-year-old son, Izzy, was a close friend of Palosz, said Palosz had been bullied since he moved to Greenwich from his native Poland when he was in elementary school.
“He always was kind of awkward in his body and kind of clumsy and how he carried himself,” she told the Connecticut Post. “He didn’t exude confidence but he was a total sweetheart of a guy. But kids never appreciated that.”