- AFMW: Alex Honnold, American Rock ClimberPosted 1 hour ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Miracle On 6 TrainPosted 1 day ago
- Amazing Images: Hubble Space Telescope Marks 25th Anniversary [PHOTOS]Posted 1 day ago
- NASCAR Takes A Spin Around The White HousePosted 1 day ago
- AFMW: David Ensor, Head of the Voice of AmericaPosted 2 weeks ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 1 month ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 4 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 5 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
Almost One In Five Scientists Considering Leaving U.S. To Get Better Funding Elsewhere
It would be much easier if each major political party believed equally in science.
…the American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (ASBMB) found that the majority of U.S. scientists are receiving less federal help than they were three years ago in spite of the fact that they are spending more time writing grant requests in search of aid.
The ASBMB study confirmed that years of stagnant budgets and cuts to spending, now aggravated by the added stress of the sequestration, have gutted the sciences in the U.S. and now a large number of scientific professionals are looking for a way out.