- The Balance Of Power: A FOX News Radio SpecialPosted 8 hours ago
- FOX Country: Kenny Chesney & Jason Aldean Team Up For A Mega TourPosted 9 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Girl Desperate to be Nicki Minaj After Wisdom Teeth RemovalPosted 9 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 2 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 months ago
NJ Court: Text Sender Could Be Held Liable
A New Jersey appeals court sends a tough message to people who text.
FOX News Radio’s Jeff Monosso reports:
The court finds a person who knowingly sends a text can share a liability if they know the recipient is driving and likely to read the text while behind the wheel. And if the driver causes an accident. Yesterday’s [Tuesday] ruling comes in the case of a couple who lost their legs when their motorcycle was hit by a teen who was texting and driving in 2009. The couple also sued the driver’s girlfriend who sent him messages though the judges agreed with a lower court that there wasn’t enough evidence to hold the girl in that case liable.
Jeff Monosso, FOX News Radio.