- The Balance Of Power: Presidential Hopefuls Hit The Road in Support Of Midterm CandidatesPosted 1 hour ago
- Legal Lis: Homeowners Association Battles with an Elderly Vet over a FlagpolePosted 2 hours ago
- Bullet Points: Facebook & Pistol Permits [VIDEO]Posted 1 day ago
- AFMW: Music Artist, Singer and Songwriter David OsmondPosted 1 day ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 2 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 months ago
Fort Hood Shooter Sentenced To Death
A military jury sentenced Major Nidal Hasan to death on Wednesday for the 2009 shootings at the Army base at Fort Hood, Texas.
FOX News Radio’s Eben Brown reports:
The 13 officers sitting on the court-martial panel at Fort Hood, Texas say Major Nidal Hasan should be put to death for the 13 premeditated murders the panel convicted him of before the weekend. The decision to impose the rare military death sentence must have been unanimous among the members of the panel, as per military law. The decision comes following two days of hearing from the families of those killed as well as survivors of Hasan’s shooting spree at the Texas Army post back in 2009. The chief prosecutor, a Colonel Mike Mulligan told the jury in closing arguments that Hasan is no religious martyr but a criminal and a cold blooded murderer. Next will begin a lengthy appeals process that could delay any implementation of the death penalty by as much as a decade.