- “The Interview” — Not Coming To A Theater Near YouPosted 39 mins ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 2 hours ago
- Legal Lis: Newtown Families Sue Gun Maker for Sandy Hook MassacrePosted 3 hours ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 1 day ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 4 weeks ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 1 month ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 6 months ago
FOX On Tech: Google Glass Surgery
It’s a first in the U.S.: a doctor performing surgery while wearing Google Glass.
FOX News Radio’s Lisa Lacerra reports:
FOX on Tech.
Dr. Christopher Kaeding with the Ohio State Wexner Medical Center performed knee surgery on a female patient while wearing the head mounted computer and camera.
(Dr. Kaeding) “The fact that I could sit there in real time both audibly and then even more important, even you know, visually you know I could communicate with somebody while I’m in the middle of a case.”
He says once he got into the surgery he often forgot it was there…
(Blackwell) “This really shows you what’s going on in the surgery itself.”
Medical student Ryan Blackwell watched the surgery remotely.
Google Glass is worn like glasses. There’s a glass block that sits above the right eye where users can call up information on a computer screen using a voice command.
Lisa Lacerra, FOX News Radio.