- Man Apprehended After Jumping White House Fence [VIDEO]Posted 2 hours ago
- The Balance Of Power: The 5 Most Intriguing House Races of 2014Posted 3 hours ago
- Legal Lis: Should There Be Parent Liability With Facebook?Posted 3 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 month ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 months ago
Housecall for Health: Predicting Suicide
New research indicates that there may be a way to predict when someone is contemplating suicide.
FOX News Radio’s Joy Piazza reports in this edition of “Housecall for Health”:
A blood test could provide a warning when someone is thinking of suicide. Researchers at the Indiana School of Medicine found that test-subjects who were thinking of suicide had changes in their blood. They found the same changes in people who actually had killed themselves. The researchers point out, even if a so-called “bio-marker” for suicide risk is found, the most reliable predictor is still for doctors and therapists to listen closely to what their patients are telling them.
Housecall for Health, I’m Joy Piazza, FOX News Radio.