- AFMW: Actor Rob Riggle and Big Game Maker Kenny WhitePosted 2 hours ago
- Bullet Points: Marching for JusticePosted 23 hours ago
- Ferguson Protests Continue To Grip The NationPosted 1 day ago
- Getting Ready for Thanksgiving: Parade Preview and Shopping PrepPosted 1 day ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 6 days ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 2 weeks ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 5 months ago
Housecall For Health: Smartphone Allergy Tests
If you suffer from dangerous or deadly food allergies, forget the EpiPen. Soon, your smartphone will be all you need to bring to eat safely.
FOX’s Colleen Cappon has the story in this edition of “Housecall For Health”:
Afraid there may be peanuts or other allergens hiding in your food? Soon, you can test it with your smartphone. A biosensor with a series of lenses and filters developed by a team at the University of Illinois transforms smartphones into a tool that can detect toxins and bacteria, spot water contamination and allergens in food. Researchers say it mimics the abilities found in larger, more expensive devices.
Housecall For Health, I’m Colleen Cappon, FOX News Radio.