- President Obama Holds Pop Up News ConferencePosted 3 hours ago
- Securing America: Video Shows al Qaeda Meeting [VIDEO]Posted 9 hours ago
- The Balance Of Power: Are Republicans “Animated By Racism”?Posted 13 hours ago
- FOX on Tech: Is Bitcoin Currency Or Property?Posted 14 hours ago
Today: Harry Reid Blocks Tax Reform: Says “We must raise revenue by $1 trillion” Top of the Stack – 7-26/13
1) Sen. Reid kneecaps the effort by fellow Democrat and Senate Finance Chairman Max Baucus, who has been working in with House Republican Dave Camp to pass a revenue-neutral tax reform.
2) A state board has approved plans for a new hockey arena for the Detroit Red Wings – The new arena will be funded in part with $284 million in tax dollars – This is not sitting right with many citizens. Should taxpayers help pay for sport arenas and stadiums?
3) John Pike, the former police officer who pepper-sprayed students during an Occupy protest at the University of California, Davis is appealing for worker’s compensation, claiming he suffered psychiatric injury from the 2011 confrontation.